Celilo Falls Art Wall I
We are pleased to offer special artist-framed editions of Celilo Falls – Salmon Catch, Celilo Falls – Vista, and Celilo Falls – 31 as an art wall combination. Stefani Art Sets™ offers a perfect way to fill your walls with inspired art at special pricing.
- Framed size: 3 custom framed art pieces, each 24x30 inches
- Display size: 84x30 inches (if hung 4 inches apart)
Each image is craftsman-printed on Canson® Infinity Platine Fibre Rag, then nestled into dramatic double archival mats: black inside and white outside. Placed within a custom-made 1½" Brushed Silver Metal frame. Finished with acrylic to protect the surface of the print. The frame is completed with a black paper backing and a wire hanger.
Stefani Fine Art custom archival photographs are exquisite, museum-quality, and carefully hand-crafted to order.
You might also enjoy Celilo Falls Art Wall II.
Limited Editions and Special Artist Editions
Specially curated and created by the artists, our hand-printed Limited and Special Artist Editions are of particular interest and considered highly collectible. A signed and numbered Certificate of Authenticity protects your investment.
Richard Stefani offers "Special Artist Editions" and Christina Stefani offers "Limited Editions".
Stefani Fine Art™ Special Edition museum-quality editions have an elegant finish, with rich, deep blacks and an incredibly rich color gamut. The hand-made Italian elegantly textured paper is archival, acid, chlorine and lignin free, 100 percent cotton. Only lightfast, archival pigment inks are used.
This ancient, sacred area was completely destroyed
- For over 11,000 years, Celilo Falls (Wy-am) was a crucial hub of salmon fishing and commerce for Indian tribes around Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge.
- Ten times more water passed over Celilo Falls than passes over Niagara Falls today. A half-dozen native tribes had permanent villages between the falls and where the city of The Dalles, Oregon now stands. As many as 5,000 people would gather to trade, feast, and participate in games and religious ceremonies.
- Celilo was the oldest continuously inhabited community on the North American continent until March 10, 1957, when the falls and nearby settlements were submerged by the construction of The Dalles Dam.
- We are proud to share Richard's unique and sensitive photographs taken in 1956 at one of the last Celilo Falls tribal fishing ceremonies. Enjoy this rare opportunity to own a piece of history.