Framed size: 30x24 inches
SPECIAL ARTIST'S EDITION OF 150
Arrives ready to hang with a hanger attached. Handmade to order. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.
- Craftsman-printed archival pigment photograph
- Permanence rating of 200+ years
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Dramatic double archival mats: black inside and white outside
- Custom-made 1½" Brushed Silver Metal frame
Stefani Fine Art custom archival photographs are exquisite, museum-quality, and carefully hand-crafted to order.
- Archival Pigment photograph or canvas (permanence rating 200+ years)
- Exclusive digitally-mastered reproduction from Richard and/or Christina Stefani's original artwork
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Museum-quality finishing, framing options, and packing
- Framed artwork arrives ready to hang. Unframed artwork is mounted on archival acid-free board and delivers ready to frame.
- Stefani Art Collector Guarantee
This ancient, sacred area was completely destroyed in 1957.
Celilo Falls (also known as Horseshoe Falls or Wy-am) was located on the Columbia River about twelve miles east of The Dalles, Oregon. Celilo Falls was once a place of incredible importance to the Umatilla, Walla Walla, Cayuse, and Nez Perce tribes, as well as the Yakama Nation and the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs.
- For over 11,000 years, Celilo Falls was a crucial hub of salmon fishing and commerce for Native American tribes around Oregon’s Columbia River Gorge.
- Ten times more water passed over Celilo Falls than passes over Niagara Falls today. A half-dozen native tribes had permanent villages between the falls and where the city of The Dalles, Oregon now stands. As many as 5,000 people would gather to trade, feast, fish at Celilo, and participate in games and religious ceremonies.
- Celilo was the oldest continuously inhabited community on the North American continent until March 10, 1957, when the falls and nearby settlements were submerged by the construction of The Dalles Dam.
View available Celilo Falls art photographs by Richard Stefani
We are proud to share Richard's unique and sensitive 1956 Celilo Falls photographs taken at one of the last tribal Indian fishing ceremonies. Enjoy this rare opportunity to own a piece of Celilo Falls history.
Master Photographer* Richard Stefani creates art that celebrates the timeless beauty of America’s landscape. A full-time professional artist since 1962, he is a sought-after portrait and fine art photographer, winning numerous accolades and awards over the decades.
For almost 50 years Richard created moving portraits of people from all walks of life, from social commentary to families to political figures. He often lectured on photographic technique and served as a print judge.
* 1972, Professional Photographers of America (PPA). The Master of Photography (M.Photog.) degree is awarded to photographers for their superior photographic skills demonstrated through the Photographic Open category of PPA’s International Photographic Competition, advanced education, and service to the industry.
Stefani Fine Art. Trusted art dealers since 1967.
Shop with confidence. When you buy art online or in person from Stefani Fine Art, you become part of our family of collectors and can expect exceptional service, loyalty, and discretion now and in the future.